ALL PAKISTAN Meat EXPORTERS & PROCESSORS ASSOCIATION
is a nonprofit organization representing Pakistan’s meat processors and exporters.
The purpose of the All Pakistan meat exporter is to further the common interests of the meat industry and its members through:
• Representing the best interests of its members when dealing with international and local government and all industry, regulatory and certifying agencies in respect of all meat industry matters including all standards, rules, codes of practice and other regulatory and standards issues;
• Establishing views and represent the industry on matters relating to the viability and profitability of the meat industry;
• Representing the meat industry on environment, health, safety and industry training issues;
• Providing information on technological developments in the industry to its members;
• Assisting in prioritizing and funding for research and development projects which will benefit the industry;
• Provide input and assistance for industry training to the Pakistan Industry Training Organization; and
• Supporting the generic promotion of Pakistan rendered products in overseas markets.
The objective of the All Pakistan meat exporters & processors association is to increase the returns from the Pakistan meat Industry through:
• Improved market access;
• Reducing cost of compliance; and
• Being recognised as a responsible, sustainable and an essential industry
All Pakistan Meat Exporter Associations & Processors
Pakistan is a National Meat Association’s biennial suppliers’ exposition. the Suppliers’ Exposition has brought together consultants, equipment manufacturers and other professionals in the industry, to give a first-hand view of the newest industry equipment, packaging and related services. With this strong history continues its commitment to addressing the changes in the industry.
Meat association also collects links to other websites that have relevance to your business. These links are organized and updated for you convvenience. And we have created a convenient page with links to international meat standards for cuts and other specs.
The Pakistan meat exporter association & Processors is the leading trade association in the meat and meat products sector in the Pakistan food industry.
We represent businesses big and small, from smaller progressive abattoir businesses supplying local customers to large consumer brand owners. Our members supply branded and retailer own-label meat and meat products across a range of different meat species and foods. This diversity serves to enrich our organization and allows us to be truly representative of our industry.
All Pakistan Meat Exporter Association & Processors
Pakistan meat companies plan to enter Pakistan market: Pakistan meat exporters have made a formal proposal to food safety officials to consider allowing Pakistan exports of cooked meats, the Pakistan Exporters Association said last week. “We are at the beginning of a long process to open the Pakistan market to processed meat products. Most of Pakistanis processed goat meat currently is exported to Europe. Pakistan is the world’s No. 1 meat exporter.
The Pakistan meat association representing the entire value chain supplying the food & meat industry worldwide.
Our core values are sustainability of the value chain; fraternity; promotion of our Members, enabling them to act together in all areas relating to their trade or professional interests.
Today, our strength and depth of membership expertise continues to help manage the opportunities and challenges facing our modern industry.
We provide a full range of services including:
• Weekly updates of industry news;
• Free entry within the Association’s Annual Directory;
• Management and financial help at a number of overseas exhibitions;
• Free of charge Business Advisory Helpline;
• Participation in social and professional activities, enabling Members to maintain direct contact with decision
makers within the industry.
Indeed, no firm selling to the meat industry can afford to remain – if only for the value manufacturers place on it as being their most effective contact with suppliers and the value suppliers place on it as being their most effective contact with the industry.
We represent businesses big and small, from smaller progressive abattoir businesses supplying local customers to large consumer brand owners. Our members supply branded and retailer own-label meat and meat products across a range of different meat species and foods. This diversity serves to enrich our organization and allows us to be truly representative of our industry
Health & Nutrition
Meat plays an important role in the diet of the nation and the APMEPA strongly supports advice to consumers on the benefits and need for a ‘balanced diet’, incorporating several meat groups.
However, consumer and media interest in health has steadily increased in recent years; Pakistani media has been very instrumental in sensitizing our community about health issues and their views are welcomed by the APMEPA. This identified a range of areas for Government, the food industry and society in general, to focus upon.
APMEPA represents its members on many committees – ranging from technical, food standards, meat safety, communications and export – to ensure the best trading environment for members and the meat industry.
Member input is actively encouraged with regular meetings held at national and provincial levels.
Major issues currently facing the Pakistan meat industry include:
• Regulation and certification reform
• HR and IR reform
• Food safety
• Occupational health and safety
• Environmental challenges
• Animal welfare
• Exotic disease preparedness
• Lifestyle and eating habit changes